Advantages of wooden houses from round logs
When building wooden houses, round logs made of pine, cedar and larch are very popular. Depending on the type of tree species, each architectural structure has specific advantages.
House of pine
In Russia, from time immemorial, houses were built mainly with the use of pine due to the availability of the material. This is due to the combination of undeniable qualities that it possesses. Its wood is dense, strong, low-drying. It is resistant to cracking and the formation of rot, resistance to wear. Pine has a straight trunk with a relatively small number of knots. She has a beautifully expressed original striped texture.
Thanks to these unique properties of pine, a house built of this material has a number of undeniable advantages:
- Pine has an even more than 18 m long barrel. This avoids numerous joints, which must be additionally caulked. They also need to be masked to give the house a more attractive, exclusive look. This length makes it possible to cover relatively large spans, creating a volumetric free space.
- Due to the ideal density and ease of processing, it is possible to build a house of varying complexity from it.
- Pine logs are distinguished by a large number of resins and phytocides, protecting round logs from various fungi and putrefaction. They also fill the room with healing unique natural forest flavors.
- Pine allows you to give the house a unique presentable appearance.
- The erection of a house from this material will be much cheaper than building from larch or cedar.
House of cedar
When constructing a variety of architectural structures from this material, it is necessary to take into account the mass of its advantages:
- Cedar has excellent strength comparable with steel.
- It is distinguished by a rather low thermal conductivity several times smaller than that of concrete, brick, stone.
- It is soft and pliable in processing material, allowing to create exclusive unique structures.
- Its wood is distinguished by an original expressive pattern, as a result of which the house of cedar does not require additional internal and external decoration.
- The unique breathable structure of the wood provides an excellent natural air circulation even with tightly closed windows and doors.
House made of larch
When planning to build a house from this material, it is necessary to take into account certain undeniable advantages of larch:
- Its wood is not afraid of high atmospheric humidity. Therefore, it is not exposed to rot and damage to wood-destroying beetles.
- Contained in the trunk of phytocides perfectly resist the formation of colonies of parasites in the intervening space.
- The relatively large diameters and length of larch logs make it possible to provide a minimum number of joints, which minimizes the formation of gaps between the crowns during natural shrinkage.
- A large assortment of shades of texture allows you to build houses from larch of varying complexity with an original presentable exterior and interior.